High Trees are seeking a dynamic and creative Development Lead to capture learning, produce high-quality resources, and provide tailored development support to local organisations. You will be joining us at an exciting time following the formation of a new Research and Development Team which will deliver a new capacity building offer to the local VCS sector and create new resources to share our learning and experience from over 25 years supporting local communities and working in partnership. We currently lead or support several partnerships across Lambeth including Building Young Brixton, the Lambeth Peer Action Collective, Lambeth Community Hubs Network and Young Tulse Hill.
This is a hands-on, practical role and the right candidate will have a wide skillset. You will be working on several specific projects which focus on capacity building and VCS infrastructure support. Your day-to-day work will be varied and over the next 12 months we expect this to include tasks such as supporting local VCS organisations on a one-to-one basis to improve their policies and procedures, creating high quality templates and user guides, or running workshop or training sessions using the resources we have developed such as our Collaboration and Community Organising Toolkits. We will be developing and refining our offer to the local VCS sector over the coming year and expect this to lead to further new and exciting pieces of work.
You will need to be able to draw learning from our work / the work of our partnerships, to distil this learning for the benefit of others and to effectively motivate, coach and support others to develop their practice.
Benefits of working at High Trees:
- 35 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays and 3 Christmas days) rising by 1 day each year after 2 years’ service (capped at an additional 8 days)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave after 2 years’ service
- Save money off a new bike with the Cycle to Work scheme
- Up to 7% contribution to the staff pension scheme
- 24/7 Employee Support Line
- Clear pay structure with yearly increments (based on performance)
- Annual Staff away day
- Premium eye-care vouchers through Specsavers and season ticket loans
- Regular team lunches and generous supplies of office breakfast and snacks!