Post title: Director
Responsible to: Chair, Board of Trustees
Salary: £50,000-£55,000 per annum pro rata
Hours: Full time or 4 days per week
High Trees is a community development charity based in Tulse Hill, Lambeth, an organisation locally rooted with a strong reputation with both service users and partners throughout Lambeth and other London boroughs that for the past 20 years has delivered much needed local projects. High Trees has and continues to develop and deliver high quality services that sit within our current four service teams focusing on community engagement and development, employment, community education and training, and children and young people and families. We are based across three sites in Tulse Hill that includes an adventure playground. Through its innovation, High Trees has developed and restructured its organisation to continue to meet changing community needs and financial challenges. Over the past four years, we have grown threefold with a highly professional team and are at an exciting stage in our history.
High Trees is seeking a new Director to lead us to achieve extraordinary things through the delivery of a wide range of services to some of the most vulnerable people in our community. High Trees needs an exceptional and experienced leader, with significant experience in a senior role in 3rd sector who will have a clear vision and plan for our development over the next 5 years and the skills to deliver this.
Purpose of Post
- To provide effective and strategic leadership to High Trees and act as a strong figurehead for the charity with partners, funders and the communities we serve
- To be responsible for developing and expanding current services, and developing new services which meet the strategic aims of the organisation.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to fulfil its responsibilities in the governance of the Charity.
- To work with the Board and managers to achieve business strategy, plans and targets.
- To ensure long term sustainability through effective governance, sound finance and delivery of services.
- To lead on fundraising activity through the development of networks potential funders and profile organisations/individuals to build business capacity.
- Ensure there is a robust impact measurement system across the organisation and it is fit for purpose
Further details can be found in the Application pack, which can be downloaded below
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than two pages to Margaret.email@example.com (and our additional information form and applicant monitoring form) by 5pm on 27th November
If you would like an informal chat with our outgoing Director please let Anna know and she will set this up