High Trees are looking for a friendly and creative ESOL Classroom Volunteer (English for Speakers of Other Languages). We are especially looking for volunteers who are passionate about supporting learners with low confidence to improve their English and literacy.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands on experience in an ESOL classroom environment, to make a meaningful contribution to the local community and to support ESOL learners to learn new skills and build their confidence with English. We will also be happy to provide volunteers with a reference for future employment and/or training.
• To support tutor with the set-up of the classroom, including refreshment, making
• To support learners who need additional support in the classroom, with their
writing, reading, or speaking skills.
• To help maintain a safe environment for learners, in accordance with the Health
& Safety at Work Act and High Trees safeguarding and Prevent procedures.
• Reliable and punctual in attending the sessions
• Good social and communication skills
• Ability to motivate ESOL learners and to engage positively with them