- To support the Youth and Play Workers in the general running of the youth/play session
- To support the young people as directed by the Senior Play Worker and Youth and Play Workers
- To help young people learn the skills required to become successful adults
- To support in the preparation of the room and/or relevant activities at least 15 minutes before the young people arrive for each session
- To support the team in the co-ordination and delivery of the sessions including outings/trips off- site/activities
- To facilitate group discussions and tasks throughout the session
- To support the catering and administrative duties relating to the sessions, as appropriate
- To follow relevant High Trees policies and procedures for delivering services to children and young people
- To inform the Youth and Play Workers of any issues pertaining to the young people that takes place during the sessions
- To support the youth team with the running of sessions including cooking, gardening, bike maintenance, sports sessions, woodwork and arts and crafts.
- To attend one session. A session could be from 3:30-7 pm or it could be shorter, from 5-7 pm
- To commit to supporting for at least 1 term (Sept to December, January to April, May to August)
- Reliable and punctual in attending the sessions
- Good social and communication skills
- Ability to motivate the young people and engage positively with them
- Additional skills such as sport, arts & crafts, cooking, Sports coaching, building/construction and bike maintenance skills are desirable.
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to the community
- Satisfaction in helping young people progress/increase in confidence, improve skills to learn, relationships and social wellbeing
- Hands-on experience in understanding and implementing a youth led approach to youth work
- Ongoing training opportunities, both internal and external
- A reference for future employment and/or training
- Fill out the short application form indicating which sessions you want to volunteer on and submit a CV to email@example.com
- Attend a volunteer Induction session: informal interview, introduction to High Trees, complete registration form, provide two personal referees and complete a DBS.